Presidential Solaris™ – Luxury Solar Reflective Shingles
Being a solar reflective asphalt roofing shingle, the Presidential Solaris contains colored granule technology that reflects the sun’s rays rather than absorbing them. Still, these shakes replicate the beauty of traditional wood shakes, all the while retaining a 25 percent reflectivity.
The Presidential Solaris reflective solar shingle reduce your energy costs and are ENERGY STAR® qualified meeting the California Cool Roof Rating Council guidelines.
CertainTeed warrants that its shingles will be free of manufacturing defects, and provides the extra assurance of SureStart™ protection. Below are highlights of the warranty for Presidential Solaris™. See CertainTeed’s Asphalt Shingle Products Limited Warranty document for specific warranty details regarding this product.
- Lifetime limited transferable warranty – residential
- 50-year limited transferable warranty – group-owned or commercial
- 10-year SureStart™ protection
- 15-year StreakFighter™ warranty
- 15-year 110 mph wind-resistance warranty
- Wind warranty upgrade to 130 mph available. CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge required
- Two-piece laminated fiberglass-based construction
- Distinctive sculpted, rustic look
- 355 lbs. per square
- UL Class A fire resistance rating
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3462
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3018 Type 1
- Conforms to CSA Standard A123.5
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements®
The use of cool roofing technology is recognized as one of the most cost effective and easiest way to lower your energy consumption. Sadly, going green usually meant going white.
The Presidential Solaris’s new technology has provided a way for you to go green without going white!
Presidential Solaris is a solar reflective shingle that is not only beautifully durable and constructed for sunny climates or anywhere that solar heat is a challenge but is an ecologically smart choice as well.
So cool, it’s rated for rebates.
These ENERGY STAR® solar reflective shingles are qualified roofing produces that meet the thermal emissivity requirements and the solar reflectance requirements as well. In 2011, the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization and Job Creation Act of 2010 extended tax credits allowing for 10% of the cost for improvements and up to $500 for insulation roofs and doors.
In addition the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) has rated the Presidential Solaris shingles for cool roofs and meets California’s Title 24 requirements for cool steep slope roofing.
Furthermore, utility companies may offer a rebate for Presidential Solaris putting up to $300 back into your pocket for an average of a 3,000 sq. ft. roof